Saturday, June 23, 2012

All Over Again..., & I Love It!

I have a 22 & 19 yr old set of older kids, Alex and Whitney, respectively.  My third treasure of a two year old, Marko, came along just when I was beginning to focus more deeply into traveling, vacationing, hunting more around the states throughout the year.., but God had a plan for me, for us.  Marko is so awesome!  Of course, nobody is surprised I would say that.  I have slowly been introducing him to the outdooors, as I'd wish my father had.  I never did meet my father, so I have used that as a motivation to be the best father, the best daddy I may possibly be.  Today I took Marko to Bass Pro to buy his first fishing pole,  a big step in my relationship with him, as it was with my older two children.  Although my older two are not as "outdoor-ish" as I would have hoped for, they have long lasting memories! That, my friends, is a winner for me!!!  Well, I am starting all over again, if you will, but now more knowledgeable, with superior patience, and with a stronger conviction of unselfishness.   We are losing a young generation to apathy and twisted values of entitlement.  I don't want to be part of that sick bandwagon nor my son a victim!  That is why I take Marko to simple excursions at Bass Pro, Cabela's, parks, lakes, to look at fish, watch birds, help me buy hunting stuff, play with my calls, throw sticks & rocks in the water, feed the ducks, help me in my garage organize my hunting backpack.., just to keep him In touch with nature, the outdoors, with our relationship. 

This, AMIGOS, is about Marko.  I dedicate this thought on life & the outdoors to my God sent little man.  I started all over again and I Love It!






No comments:

Post a Comment