Monday, February 11, 2013

HUNTINGFREAKZ TURKEY BROADHEAD IDEA

Folks, chasing whitetail is over for me. It has been for over two weeks. Even though I didn't get a chance to hunt as much (the least I've hunted in 16 years, for that matter), I had a successful season - not so much because of the kills, but because of having had the opportunity to spend those few precious few days, few hours, occasional excursion with great optimism and high spirits.

I was able be safe as to be able to come home and spend quality time with my son - Marko, and return to my demanding everyday responsibilities at work.

Many of us have ideas, and that's where they stay - on the idea stage. Pobably, many of you have already thought of this idea, and if you have - then great minds think alike, lol!! I do say this, I have not seen it publicized or announced. So I'm taking the liberty of doing so. Thus, my mental status - from whitetail to swamp chicken mode. woot woot!!!!

Now, enter the turkey season - enter swamp chicken, thunder chicken, long beard, and all you want to call them, haha. IMO, there's nothing like hunting free-chase, truly wild game, especially in public lands. Bowhunting turkey is a rush. They are beautiful, mesmerizing, hypnotic, and amazing. I have called in many a birds, witnessed many procreation rituals, fights, roosting, and blown many shots! WOW! My blood and heart are pumping as I am writing this.

Target and methodology of archery practice have changed. Broadheads have changed - from Muzzy 100 gr. to my own modified, turkey specific broadhead. The target is smaller and the distance is closer. For whitetail deer, I practice long ranges (55-60 yards) to shoot within my comfort zone (inside 30 yards). For turkey, I use an actual turkey target. I also scatter and shoot small stuffed animals I buy at Goodwill. I have changed from a "paper plate" zone to more a "small spot" zone. Too, I now include an actual five (5) yard shot (my past two successful hunts in Kansas have been at five yards, coincidentally, one a turkey and on a mature whitetail buck). No more tree stand practice - only ground blind and natural cover practice, which includes shooting in awkward sitting positions. LIKE MY COACHES USED TO SAY..., "PRACTICE THE WAY YOU'RE GONNA PLAY & PLAY THE WAY YOU PRACTICE". This is not a blog on how to get ready for archery/bowhunting turkey, but it does give you a generalization on what MY preparation consists of. This is not a strategy as to how to find turkey or ambush toms. It is not a write-up on calling or set-ups. I do tell you this - give it lots of thought and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. There's so many successful archery hunters (kill-wise), but if you are like me, my kill rate is low due to the lands I hunt, #publiclandpains, #weekendwarriors, #bowhunting vs shotgun, and DIY hunting (I am lucky, however, to be able to travel to KS and hunt under a sub-lease - the only non-pressured land I have access to). An excuse, maybe, but that's how it is - that's how I roll.

Right about now you are probably wondering, "what about the turkey specific broadhead title of this blog?"

IF YOU ARCHERY HUNT AND WANT A DEVASTATING BROADHEAD, LEAVE A COMMENT AND YOUR E-MAIL, I WILL GLADLY SHARE MY SIMPLE WAY TO TURN A DEADLY BROADHEAD INTO A DEADLIER TURKEY SPECIFIC BROADHEAD. IT WORKS, FLIES TRUE, AND HAS DEVASTATING EFFECTS! See, I always had a dream, a vision, an idea of a "turkey specific" broadhead. There are already some, but not what I had envisioned. A while back, I sat down, sketched my idea, and started to daydream lots. Because I'm an average joe, have limited resource$, challenging patent process, lack of FUND$, lack of technology, and an unresponsive manufacturer who won't give me the time of day as to be able to share what I have - I am now ready to OPENLY share my idea THAT WORKS! I stopped daydreaming and started to look for broadheads that, under my own risk & NOT RECOMMENDED BY MANUFACTURERS, I would be able to modify on my own with some simple tools. Once I modified the broadhead and made it look like my sketched idea, I practiced, practiced, shot and shot, then practiced and shot it some more (see vid to get an idea). Then, I took my turkey specific broadhead idea and put it to the test on a real hunt. The result..., see the pictures below (WARNING: GRAPHIC). I was not able to get the shot on video due to heavy rains. It is my goal to get great footage this year!

#Huntingfamily, I'm not in this for money, I'm in it due to my archery, bowhunting passion. I want fellow hunters and huntresses, present and future to succeed - kill or no kill. God bless and good luck this upcoming turkey season. Oh, please don't sue me because of this idea. If you own this idea, just let me know - ha, I'll burn my patent paperwork immediately. If you try this idea, do it at your own risk. I'm not telling you to do it nor how to do it, I'm just sharing what I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment