Sunday, January 12, 2014

Vapor Trail Archery Custom Bowstrings: My Thoughts

"Peep turn, string stretch, and weather related instabilities are a thing of the past...,QUIT YOUR CRYING!" Vapor Trail Archery

I love reading that!

MY FACT: Besides consistent form, knocking points, follow-through, peep-alignment and performance must be equally as consistent and important. VTA fills that need.  Even though I also use their arrow rest (separate review), on this blog, I am going to focus on MY experience with their custom bowstrings.

Over 6  years ago, I was looking for a new set of string and cable for an old bow I had.  I went to my second home (Bass Pro), and spoke with the archery department lead. He gave me a few options, but said I couldn't go wrong with VTA. He knew (and still does) how picky and detail oriented I was with the products I chose. He especially knew how hard I was (and still am) on my equipment. For those who know me locally, know how much I shoot, and shoot, and shoot. Besides hunting, and preparing for hunting, I belong to FOUR local archery clubs. I SHOOT! My bow strings have got to perform. I purchased my first VTA product, and have not looked back since.

Since VTA has been with me so many years, through thousands of shots, different bows, colors, various kills, and even a B & C KS giant, I owe my #archery and #bowhunting family and community my humble opinion.

First, I am not a professional archer, nor do I shoot the highest scores.  THAT'S WHY I CAN'T AFFORD SECOND BEST! I need all the help I can get. I can't (and neither can you) afford to have a creeping problem,  having to "train" my string, nor a short life span on my set. 

Let me start by describing their color selection: WOW! "Vaportrail offers a mind boggling 5,100 color combinations for your bow string with a 3 day ship!"

I have many words to describe the quality of their product, but ONE stands out the most: PERFORMANCE! Expect thousands, in my experience, shots out of a set. Expect consistency and a quick bow tuning. 

I have many words to describe the manufacturer's customer service, but choose ONE: SECOND TO NONE! (O.K. that was a phrase, but it's only ONE phrase.) That's how good it is. They really have taken care of me. 

I recently asked fellow target shooter why he was so upset (we were at a 3D shoot). He was having problems with creeping. He said he had ordered a new set from a local dealer. It was going to take 5 days to get..., maybe. Then I heard the cost. Yikes!

VTA not only has outstanding product and service, but they care about the archery community. I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT!

Price: pound for pound the best buy, IMO. Not the cheapest (you get what you pay for), but you will still have both your arms and legs.

The downside: I'm struggling here, but hey, Murphy's Law is applicable. The world is not perfect, and neither is VTA. A local Hoyt Staff shooter, won a set last year at the Tweep Shoot. "The best I've ever shot. I need another set for my new bow". The glitch here was, the serving began to fail. Remember what I said about customer service? I guess this is not a downside after all. He got taken care of, and was still faster than having to wait over a week for results.

If you are reading this, are into archery and/or bowhunting, chances are you know of Archery Talk. I took the liberty of supplementing my opinion with those of others: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1093560
1. "Talked to Steve at Vapor Trail Tuesday and ordered a set...I am very impressed with the personable service,, felt like I was talking with an old friend : cheers:"
2. "VAPOR TRAIL! The reason is quality, price, customer service!...."
3. "Another vote for Vaportrail. Awesome customer service and very fast shipping."

I am going to spare you the pain of giving you all the specs and reasons you need a quality set of string and cable on you bow. Shoot, they've done all the work.

Read their story here: http://vaportrailarchery.com/story/

2 comments:

  1. organizations have been reorganized and renamed, and the old guard is long gone. If Mr. Wilson is alive today he would be in the mid-80s.
    Best Compound Bow for Women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quickly this site will indisputably be famous among all blogging people, because of its fastidious articles or reviews.sub ohm box 2.0

    ReplyDelete