Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To Bottle or Not To Bottle (your "business")

I hunt public land - lots of it, nearly 100% of the time. Needless to say, whitetail hunting on these pressured public lands is a different animal, no pun intended. These deer I hunt are spooked by their own shadow by the time the second day of the season rolls around. They have ZERO tolerance for intrusions into their domain! So, like smoking/tobacco (another topic) produces a foreign smell equated as a danger. Again, zero tolerance. Long ago, I posted a thread with this same title. The response was phenomenal, both in amount and in context! From MEDICAL SUPPORT to HUNTER EXPERIENCE. Here's my take (IMO). I follow a strict regime when it comes to scent control, from dedicating a shower/restroom just for hunting season to soaps, shampoos, plastic clothing bin with branches & leaves, cleansed towels, blah, blah, blah...., you get it. So, I am not going to take a chance doing "#1" out of my tree stand and let it be. I will not do it in my ground blind unto the ground. In short, I carry my bottle to do my business. A hassle? Maybe. However, a few ounces of weight are not going to kill me. I will try to do all I can within my ability to control all human scent & minimize it as best as possible. I hear stories of how guys with cologne, coming from an all-nighter, have killed booners. Well, God bless them. A lucky vs good argument. But since I know I hunt some honey holes multiple times, rotate spots - I don't want to be careless by the tinkle-tinkle factor. I want to hear your take. Whether public land or private land, "scientific" to personal. I will respect your "habbit" or "practice".., I mean, to each his/her own. Right? Please share. "Don't Quit!", just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment