Saturday, May 5, 2012

WHY I HUNT

I'm in my blind right now.  Thoughts running through my mind.  I look at the field, at the trees, and process the thought of how lucky I am to witness the sunrise & how it illuminates mother earth.I am listening to the birds decorate the wind.  I am beathing the perfume of the dirt, trees, and other vegetation.  I am thinking of my wife and children, as I am sure they a just waking up.  I just got done thanking God for all the blessings he has provided me, from family, work, friends, health.  A few minutes ago, I witnessed the ritual of procreation, a hen and a turkey - nature at its best.  I tried calling in the gobbler to no avail.  Still, even though the hunt did not end up with a kill, my spirits are high.  I feel free.  I feel content with myself and surroundings.  In all this, I give thanks to this country, the wonderful US of A for having embraced me.  I am from Mexico, and believe me, I wouldn't have been able to do this, like this, in peace.  Having come from  very humble beginnings, I have learned to value the little things I do have.  I value this moment, for it is during these moments that I run with these emotions.  When I am afield, it is literally my "me" time.  I forget the daily grind and praise my blessings.  I forget the "preparation" for the hunt, for that in itself may be a  stress. I love creating memories & sharing my hunting stories.  I love to meet people with a similar passion .  When I am afield, I know I am alive!  The above may be just tip of the iceberg.  So this, my friends, is the reason why I hunt.

"Don't Quit!".  Just saying


No comments:

Post a Comment