Monday, August 26, 2013

TWEEP SHOOT: 2013 Results

Well, the “Bragging Rights Champion” for this year's tweep shoot is Mark Huelsing – SoleAdventure.com.., AGAIN! Gah! Congratulations, Mark. :) Check out the vid.

The real winner of the MO Tweep Shoot, was the archery community. Thanks to participants like Mark, Joe (shoot concept), Chris, and the gang, Northside Archery Club has more support to help keep the, our, archery range open.

While I was setting up some targets, I had two bowhunters approach me. One asked , “What do you have going on?” I gave him a simple answer: “We are having a social shoot to support Northside Archers Club, the club that maintains this park for archers like you and me”. He and his buddy saw me replace some targets and thanked me for doing so. Unbeknownst to me, before they left, they stopped at the registration table to donate some money for the club. It's all about educating the archery public. It's about informing the under and misinformed.

We also had a father, daughter, and friend join us for some food and drinks. The daughter was telling me about a spot she has mind to set up for bowhunting season. It was absolutely fantastic to see them out in the range honing their skills. Lots of people, like me, DO NOT HAVE another place to go shoot their bows. Northside Archery Club makes it possible for “us” to keep doing what we love to do: shoot our bows, prepare for bowhunting, help some prepare for Elk season (I know of a gentleman that goes 2-3 times a week, shoots, and stops by to give a humble donation to the club, AND he thanks the members for it). That's what this club and the range represents to me.

Hunting Freakz has taken to heart supporting this club and range. I work long and grueling hours, but it is no excuse for me not to contribute any way I may. I am a member of this club, and proud of it. I shoot every Tuesday I get a chance. However let me say this, I belong to several archery clubs, and this is by far the smallest and most humble one. This club, IMO, puts in the hardest work to maintain a range for the club AND THE ARCHERY PUBLIC, which uses it a heck of a lot, especially a month before bowhunting season starts.

I can't thank the #LOUCREW, my tweeps enough for their support. I can't thank Northside Archers Club enough for all they do. As the Hunting Freakz concept, I am grateful to be a part of all this.

AND THE WINNERS OF DOOR PRIZES ARE: (HFA DECALS WERE GIVEN TO ALL, I think)

1. Vapor Trail Archery string & cable: Bryan Ledbetter (His cousin Joe won the same last year. The Ledbetters better send me some pics to post!)
2. Ultimate Deer Hanger: Kevin Knehans (call me if you pronounce this last name right, because I couldn't)
3. Silent Retriever: Alan Lachance (this guy is lucky & a repeat winner, kinda like Mark (ok, they are good. They might not get invited next year, haha! Just kidding Mark & Alan).
4. Iron Cooker skillet: Chris Sellers (I strongly believe he helped Mark win with his lighted knocks. He was giving him a “point of reference” as to where to or not to shoot).
5. $25 Gift Certificate: Jordan LaChance (wait......, Alan, did u arrange for your son to win?)

God Bless and Check out the video of all these tweeps fling some arrows. Missed you Gregg J. & Brian B. #LOUCREW rules! God Bless, may your freezers be filled with backstraps, and your homes with joy. Mark and Chris, bring back some #Elk meat, por favor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment